Monday, December 20, 2010

WELCOME! And Facebook, Pen Names, and the Lunar Eclipse

I'm BAAACK!

Sort of...

Okay, so here's the deal. I spend WAAAAY too much time on facebook. So I have decided, and the decisions already made, to restrict my time on facebook to nil indefinitely. :\ January 1st, 2011 will be my last day on facebook for quite some time. I am going to suspend my account.

I need to consentrate on my health, my writing, and my education... and maybe even stop being a lazy bum and get a job. (But that's low on the list.) However I want to continue my rants well into next year and beyond. So I have decided to blog more.

Now, now, I know blogs feel totally different from my usual means of complaining about life and (hopefully) garnering a few smiles along the way. But I feel that I will benefit from a more disciplined attack on life. So, please, if you enjoy my rants follow my blog. Comment, laugh, love, spit, or even ignore me.

But remember--always remember!

...something...

...I forgot.

Oh well. We were going to talk about Pen Names.

Or I was.

Were you?

I don't know.

(Nor do I care, really.)

Uh... where were we?

OH YEAH!

Pen names! Do you have a pen name? (Are you even a writer?) I know some people with very nice names who have decided to have pen names. I have several. The only one I'm going to share with you, however, is "Magillichetti." I am Magillichetti.

(I even have a woman's name as one of mine. Weird, huh?)

Now, I know some of you know my pen names, but what's the good of a pen name if EVERYONE has one? So I'm telling you... NOT telling you mine. ;)

I watched the Lunar Eclipse early the morning of the 21st. (I Know I Capitalize Things Where They Shouldn't Be. Live With It.) The point is I spent a couple hours lying on my back staring at the moon with friends, family, and complete strangers who claimed to know my friends and family. I would have protested their presence, but we were in their yard. :\

AAAAND...

Yeah, that's all I got. :)

Ciao for now!

~Magillichetti

P.S.

I promise to try to be funnier in the future. And to try to write about once a week.

For your entertainment... some famous pen names:

Charles Dickens (according to wikipedia anyway) wrote as "Boz."
Lewis Carroll was actually Charles Lutwidge Dodgson
C.S. Lewis once published under N.W. Clerk, and also Clive Hamilton
Everyone knows Silence Dogood was Benjamin Franklin
Isaac Asimov wrote as Paul French
James Herriot was James Alfred Wight
Robert Jordan was actually James Oliver Rigney, Jr.
Washington Irving wrote as Diedrich Knickerbocker
Ann Landers was Esther Pauline Friedman
Stan Lee was Stanley Martin Lieber
Ellery Queen was Frederic Dannay and Manfred B. Lee
Dr. Seuss was Theodor Suess Giesel
Mark Twain was Samuel Longhorne Clemens
Voltaire was Francoise-Marie Arouet

Peace out, dudes and dudettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment