Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In the 1800's ... or the 1940's

I was trapped.

Oi, Lalala!

To begin with I was going to Church. I'm Catholic and I was gonna go to confession. In the gathering space outside the church I ran into a young girl who wanted to talk... about tornados. ??? Okay, I realize I'm ruggedly handsome and all around great looking; I'm possibly even drop-dead gorgeous, but what the hell? There was no, "How's the weather?" "What's up?" "Where do you work?" or any other conversation starters. It was "what's your name?" then "TORNADOS! Tornado, tornado, tornado..." OI! Lalala!

She wasn't even obsessed with herself. It wasn't all "memememememmeme!!!! OI! Lalala!"

I spent ten minutes hearing stories (most likely fictional) about tornado horrors. I gleaned only a little information about her. 1) Her name (I hesitate to share it on here) 2) She's afraid of tornados and 3) she places WAY too much value on her electronic media. She protects her iPod, DVD player, CD's, CD player, DVD's and such almost more than her life. Good gravy! (Bad gravy too...)

The best part was when she said "Back in the 1800's or the 1940's, when they had tornados ... they didn't have warning." (My bet is on 1940's, cuz it turned into a story about her grandfather who "tends to know when tornados are coming" and how the other people didn't believe him. I think they died in the end. Amazing, huh? Don't ignore warnings from weirdo-chick's grandpa!) Anyway, I was curious how someone could be unsure if it happend in the 19th century or the 1940's.

You got an idea?

So, the moral of the story is... don't die from tornados, and the 1800's and the 1940's are VERY confusing.

Would they be more confusing IN A TANK??? Tell me what YOU think.

No comments:

Post a Comment